Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bob Hope Airport, Terminal B

Name: "Katherine"

Age: 45

Have you ever heard that one song, that song by I think it's Ella Fitzgerald? It's called "Gloomy Sunday." It's the most depressing song you've ever heard. She adapted it from a Hungarian song that actually caused people to commit suicide. Seriously, they called it the Hungarian suicide song. Have you ever heard it? No?

Because that's what happens whenever I hear her name. I want to kill myself. Because I know she's out there, but I'm never going to find her. She's out there and she's alive and I know this will all of my heart and I will keep on looking for her because she is out there, but the same thing that tells me she's alive, also tells me I'm not going to find her. So every time I hear her name, I want to just...

Her name was Rachel. She wasn't perfect. I know a lot of moms say that their children are angels and such, but no, Rachel wasn't an angel. She had her tantrums. We had our arguments. Plenty of arguments, actually. But we always moved past them.

I just want to see her again. Outside of my dreams, that is.

Only the once. I've only had the dream once. I've heard of others who keep having the dream, they keep resisting, but not me. I just had it once and then I left. Sold my house, my car, everything. I would do anything just to see her again.

Sorry, that's my flight. I've got to go. It was nice talking to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment