Saturday, February 9, 2013

McCarran International Airport, Terminal 1

Name: "Geoffrey"

Age: 29

Have you met any others? Like myself?

Yes.

Good. I mean, I knew I wasn't alone, but it's nice to have that confirmed. I mean, sometimes I think I'm going crazy and then...then I think that perhaps I've already gone crazy and everything I've experienced has just been one hallucination after another and I'm really in a rubber room, you know?

Anyway, I have a name for us.

A name?

Yeah. It's just a name I call people who have the dream. "The Woebegone." I think it's poetic, right?

Who did you lose?

My mom. Her name was Patricia, but my dad called her Patty.

I think that's rare. Usually, the dream comes to those who lose children.

Yeah, I know. And I also know that she didn't really go missing, not like the others. She died.

She died?

Yeah. She had cancer. She went in for treatment one day and then...she didn't come out.

But you're still looking for her?

Yes. I had the dream. That means...something, doesn't it?

I don't know.

It has to mean something. It has to mean that she's alive somewhere, that she didn't die or that she came back after...

Do you believe in Heaven?

...I don't know.

I don't know either. But my mom did. And I need to know if she came back. Maybe that's why she wants me to find her. Maybe that's what all the dreams are about.

And have you encountered the...

Those people who look all weird and blurry? Yeah. I think they are some sort of cult or something. They tried to give me something, a book.

A book?

Yeah. It was called "The Ninth Hour." Anyway, they tried to hand it to me, but I ran away from them. If you ever see them, I recommend you do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment